Monday, January 9, 2012

Life is Good

Despite the Steeler loss last night, life is good.  I returned to work last Thursday and fortunately had a light start back.  I am really getting the hang of having an ostomy and my stoma has shrunk enough for me to drop down a size which makes the appliance even smaller.  I had an outstanding shopping trip over the weekend and found new clothes which are also comfortable.  Yesterday, I got my bike on the trainer so I'll be able to exercise more regularly now.  I also decided that I am going to back to swimming next Monday.  I really do love to swim and can't imagine going too long without it.  I chose next Monday because it's a work holiday so if I forget any supplies or have any issues, I'm just heading home anyway so it won't be stressful at all.

Wednesday I see the oncologist to get the plans together for the second and final round of chemo.  As much as I am not looking forward to being on chemo, I know the sooner I start, the sooner I will be finished.  I know the regimen is 8 treatments every other week.  So, if I get started at the end of this month, I will be done the first week in May.  About 4 weeks after completing chemo, I will have my ostomy reversal and then have the summer to enjoy!  Life really is good.

2 comments:

  1. I know you looked awesome in your new clothes! There is no way anyone noticed your hidden "secret" because they were all admiring how nice you looked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the Steeler loss. They gave it a good try. Glad to hear all is going well with work & that you're back to swimming. Before you know it you'll be here cruising on the boat and playing golf. Congratulations on your two articles.

    ReplyDelete