Monday, September 3, 2012

A Final Word

So how do I close a journey that has consumed so much of my life?  I have been putting off this final post for a while but it's time to really close this chapter of my life.  Like most things in life, although you move on, there is part of you that will always be with you.  Of course I have my scar on my belly that gets smaller and smaller.  But I also have changed as a person as well.  As much as I hated hearing the advice, "Ride the Wave" a year ago, it has become a mantra for me.  I have developed more patience and become more flexible and less scheduled.  Of course I have learned to appreciate all the people and things in my life much more than I ever have before.  I think I have always tried to live life to the fullest but now, those words mean so much more.  My grandmother used to always tell me, "It's later than you think."  I really get it now.

There are lots of things that haven't changed either.  I still love to be outside and active.  I still don't enjoy reading, no matter how much I try.  My tastes in foods haven't changed either.  I still love Bruce Springsteen and Van Morrison.  And of course, I still love being near the water.

So, now it's time to to move forward but never forgetting where I have been.  Time to get ready for whatever else will come my way in life, appreciating all the ups and downs that will come.  And most importantly, time to really enjoy life again.

Thank you for all the support I have received over the last year.  Knowing that help or a smile was just a phone call away made traveling this journey so much easier.  I will never forget the support and I am so grateful for the friendships that have grown even stronger.

See you at the pool!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete