Thursday, July 28, 2011

Getting Organized

One of my best life skills is organization and scheduling, though scheduling doctor's appointments around work schedules and other appointments is a bit challenging.  Not only do I need to follow up with the surgeon, but also a radiation oncologist and a medical oncologist.  They are all in the same office building and you would think I could just go once and get all 3 done.  Alas, no such luck!  But all the appointments are scheduled and I am well on my way to getting everything coordinated.


As much as I love Google calendar and everything electronic, I decided to go old school for all my appointments and scheduling and planning for this journey.  I'm actually going to get a paper calendar.  I know it's crazy but there is something about crossing off days and being able to count down on paper.  This evening I plan to go out and find me the cutest little calendar I can find and begin the tracking and the counting.  Sure, there are going to be a lot more struggles ahead than just planning but for me, having everything planned seems to make everything else so much more manageable.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carol-
    When I heard this yesterday I was stunned. Then I started thinking if I knew you at all you probably already had a project plan in place on how you are going to beat cancer. So I read today you have your organizer--glad you are still you! Please know I'm thinking of you. Judy

    ReplyDelete