Sunday, July 31, 2011

Quiet Before the Storm

After one of the most shocking and emotional weeks of my life, I was happy for a quiet low key weekend.  I know, I know. When did I start liking low key weekends?  I don't and don't plan on seeing too many of them anytime soon!  Still, I was tired from the week of news and appointments and recovering from surgery.  I hate to admit it but it was nice not to really have any plans.

I have learned this week how amazing my friends are.  It's overwhelming the support and love and caring that I have received this week.  I am someone pretty private and I take care of myself.  Knowing that I am not going through this process myself is so comforting and gives me the support to keeping pushing through.  Each and everyone of my friends have their own unique quality and strength and I know just who to turn to when I need something particular.  I am so very blessed to have so many wonderful people to take this journey with me.  Could I do it alone?  Of course.  No doubt.  But knowing I don't have to and I won't, makes this journey easier and hopefully with a few laughs along the way.

I have it pretty easy this week.  No more appointments or procedures until Friday.  I'm hoping to have a pretty normal week of getting up early and swimming (or kayaking), working full days, and doing something every evening.  That's more like me!  I'm not sure when my treatments will start (8/15 or 8/22) but when they do, I'm sure I will be wishing to have a week like this one when it's just my typical busy week!

5 comments:

  1. Know that you too, are an amazing friend. I will be here to push, pull, and even carry you over every obstacle along this journey. This is what friends are for! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're here for you every step of the way, if you need some R&R in California just call.....
    We love you and are thinking of you every day!

    Dan and Kimberly Cozzo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol. I am just a phone call away. Please let me know if you need my home number again. Hopefully I can make you at least smile while you are going through your treatments. After all, laughter is the best medicine. Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good week Carol. Thinking of you daily and holding you close in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Carol: Hi. Your mom is one of my beloved yoga students. Our yoga classes are a special place where we share the concerns on our heart. Today your mom shared what you're going through. I asked her for your blog address. So here I am.
    It's crucial to have a network of friends to support you during your most difficult life challenges, Carol. More important, to actually let go of your private self for a while and fall into your friends' loving arms. Don't be afraid to let go!
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep breathing! Do you practice yoga?
    Peace, Janna

    ReplyDelete