Thursday, March 8, 2012

Half Way There

It's nice to know that I am half way through chemo.  I can almost taste the finish line now.  And the reversal of the ileostomy doesn't feel like a big deal at all.  I just want to be done with chemo.  8 weeks from tomorrow, I will be.  Everyone knows how Pittsburghers love fireworks.  Well, there will be fireworks on May 5.  I couldn't figure out why there would be fireworks so early in the season, but I'll take it as a personal celebration for being done with chemo.

The chemo is tough.  I'm lucky that I don't have the worst side effects but still, I can feel the war being waged inside my body.  It wipes me out and brings me down for a couple of days and then I can bounce back.  Knowing I only have 4 more times to go through this cycle makes it feel like I can get through it.  It's all down hill from now on.

I am grateful for our early spring in Pittsburgh.  It makes getting outside easier and the side effects less painful.  Of course we are all wondering if we are going to get one last blast of winter.  Let's just hope if we do, it will be a non-chemo week!

No comments:

Post a Comment