Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring has Sprung

 Spring is here for sure!  It has been in the 70's all this week in Pittsburgh and this morning, the heat didn't even come on.  I know, I know.  There could still be a big snow storm and it has snowed in April.  I just choose to believe that is not going to happen.  Why be negative when all this fantastic weather is occurring?  Just enjoy it while it lasts!  I got my toes painted this week so I'm ready for sandals!
  Yesterday I was able to go for a walk on my favorite trail in the warm weather.  The trail actually felt crowded.  There were lots of people preparing for the marathon as well as cyclists and dog walkers.  You could just feel everyone's energy.  I actually walked downtown this time around.  I went to see a show and decided to walk to the show and then cab it home.  It was even nice to walk over the Roberto Clemente bridge.  There wasn't even a breeze.  The only thing missing was kayakers but I know they will be out soon enough.
  I have 50 more days left of chemo.  I can not wait to be done.  I'm tired of my body being exposed to the awful chemicals and what it is doing to my body.  I am often tired and my appetite changes hour to hour.  When I got to the theater last night, I had to walk up 2 flights of stairs and I was really winded by the time I got to my seat.  Last year at this time I could have climbed the 42 flights at the Cathedral of Learning with no issues at all.
  Knowing how I feel and I am relatively healthy, I could not imagine going through chemo when being really ill. It certainly takes its toll on the body.  I know it will take a while for me to get my strength back and be back to my usually healthy busy self.  I understand that and I am giving myself the permission to take my time to get back in shape.  That being said, I am very excited that I booked a bicycle tour of the southern outer banks for October.  That's plenty of time to get my riding legs back and a perfect time to visit that part of the country.
  So the count down is on.  Tomorrow will just be 7 weeks to go.  Next week I will have my 5th treatment out of 8.  Closer and closer to the end of chemo.  I just can't wait.  I know you aren't supposed to wish your life away but I think it's OK if I wish these 50 days away so I can move on to healing and getting my strength back.

1 comment:

  1. It will be over before you know it & you'll be back to your busy self with kayaking, bicycling, hiking, etc. I'm glad you have the strength to endure the chemo. xo

    ReplyDelete