Monday, December 5, 2011

Awesome Weekend

    Well, with this weekend being my last weekend prior to surgery, I made sure it was packed with fun things.  Friday night, I went to Burgatory for the most amazing burger and to hang out with some of my favorite girls discussing a big wedding.  I am so excited to help out with wedding plans.  Saturday, I went to the last Pitt football game.  Not only did they win, I was on the field for pre-game!  It was so cool to see all the players on the field and be standing right next to them.  I felt like a little kid being so excited over college football players.  It was the perfect way to wrap up the season.  Now I don't feel so silly for scheduling my surgery around the game!

Sunday was a great day too.  I had the most amazing waffle at my favorite waffle place.  It was a brownie waffle with chocolate fudge, with a scoop of peppermint ice cream and powdered sugar.  Then topped off with candy canes.  Yum!!!!  It's a good thing I only have 2 more days of work because my work clothes are all getting tight!

After breakfast I went to my friends' house to watch the Steeler game and enjoy cheesy pretzel bites for a game time snack.  After the game, we had dinner together and watched Ice Age II.  The best was sitting by the fireplace enjoying the smell of the fire with great conversation.

The icing on the cake for me was that not only did Pitt and the Steelers win, but so did the Jets!

It was a great weekend and I'm so glad I had the time to spend time with some great friends.  Tonight, I wrap up the festivities with a great dinner with friends on Mt. Washington enjoying the view of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment