Thursday, December 22, 2011

I'm Back!

It's been almost 10 days since my last post.  I apologize for the delay!  It's been a bit of a roller coaster since I was discharged.  Let me see if I can sum it up quickly.  After being home for a day or so, I developed some abdominal pain and nausea.  I went to the hospital and was readmitted for a food blockage.  I spent 3 and a half days in the hospital resting my GI track and then slowly eating again.  After I was discharged for the second time, I recovered for several days at my friends' house.  Last night, I came back to my own home and now trying to just get back to my routine.

I had a great phone appointment with my surgeon yesterday.  The pathologists could not find any evidence of cancer from the specimen removed during my surgery.  That is outstanding news.  I'm also allowed to start back to my usual activities and go back to work after the first of the year.  Basically I was told to do anything I want (except sit ups) and if it hurts, stop.  It really doesn't get much better than that.  I seem to be eating well and things are moving along as they should.  I still don't have a big appetite but I'm sure that will come as I start to get back to my normal activities.


No comments:

Post a Comment