Thursday, December 1, 2011

One Week to Go!

Wow!  This time next week, I will be in the OR having surgery.  It feels like this count down is taking forever!  I know I will sure be glad when next Thursday comes and goes.  I am ready to get through this step of the journey, getting closer to the end.

I have been having a good time this week.  I was able to see 2 Pitt basketball games; the women's team on Tuesday and the men's on Wednesday.  And as a bonus, it seems the NBA will start their season on Christmas Day.  I can't think of a better time for them to start to keep me entertained as I am recovering.  Tonight I will be decorating my apartment for the holidays.  Since I will be home a lot more this year, I want everything to look super nice.  I also have a fun packed weekend ahead of me.  I am glad I am pretty much ready for next week so I can really enjoy my time.  It pays off to be a pre-planner!

Work has been challenging the last couple of days as some new issues have come up just as I am trying to get everything ready to run on auto-pilot while I am out.  I have no doubt that it will all come together by next Wednesday.  If it doesn't, I am sure my company will not fall apart and I will know I did the best I could to get everything together.

I have a feeling this next week is just going to fly by.  I'm going to try to just take it day by day and enjoy my last week.  As a teaser, I will be having some guest bloggers while I am in the hospital.  More information on that to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment