Monday, February 13, 2012

Brrr!!!!!

Wow!  People weren't kidding when they mentioned the sensitivity to cold with FOLFOX.  Yikes!  It's not the best timing to be having my chemo in February in Pittsburgh.  Winter has finally arrived and has made getting outside a big problem for me.  Since this was a post chemo weekend, I didn't have plans except to rest at home.  I am sure glad those were my plans.  We had about 4-6 inches of snow this weekend from Friday - Sunday.  Me, I stayed inside from the time I got home from work on Friday until this morning when I had to go to work.  Just breathing the cold air takes my breath away and my fingers and toes immediately begin to tingle with even the slightest feeling of coldness.  And well, cold beverages, they are unbearable too.  But it's winter in Pittsburgh.  What's better than hot chocolate, hot soup, and warm dinners?  Crescent Rolls are calling my name!

I keep thinking that even though this coldness is tough to bear, I would be more upset if this was happening during the summer.  I couldn't imagine sitting poolside in the warm summer sun, sipping hot tea.  Yuck!  Even worse, I love to be outside.  I would have hated for it to have been a warm summer weekend with BBQs and pool time and me not feeling well.  No, as much as the coldness is a real pain (literally), it sure beats missing out on summertime fun.  I got my eyes on the prize, and that's warm sunny weekends all summer long!

Besides the sensitivity to cold, my biggest issue right now is just having a sour stomach.  I'm not nauseous and it's not acid reflux.  It's hard to explain.  The only thing that I have experienced like this that is similar is going on my favorite roller coaster several times in a row and having that funny feeling in my stomach.  It comes and goes and when it's gone, I eat and when it comes back, I just sip fluids.  I am hoping in another day or two this will pass as well as the cold sensitivity so I can enjoy the rest of my non-chemo week.  I know as each day passes, I am one more day closer to being done.

No comments:

Post a Comment