Friday, February 3, 2012

Enjoying My Week

Since my last post, I have been feeling more myself each day.  I didn't require a nap on Sunday and Monday I woke up feeling like myself again.  I felt stronger and less fatigued as this week progressed.  Now that it's almost the weekend I am pretty excited.  I feel good and plan to enjoy SuperBowl weekend.  I don't have any big plans but whatever I decide to do will definitely be fun.

I was longing to exercise this week.  I haven't been able to swim because I still have a lot of sensitivity to cold and especially cold water.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out what I could do to just move.  As I was sitting on my couch pondering this, I saw my Wii and got out Wii Fit.  It was a blast and just what I needed.  Now, it's not exactly as much exercise as I would like but it got the blood flowing and I felt a lot better after playing.  I do hope to get into the pool next week on Monday and Tuesday prior to my next round of chemo but I'll have to see how my fingers feel about it.

I have been eating well, perhaps a little too well.  Since I didn't eat much last week, it's probably OK.  I'll see what the scale says on Wednesday.  My appetite has come back but the foods that seem appealing change minute to minute.  I just try to go with it.  I pack lots of different things for lunch hoping that at least one of them will taste good to me.  So far, so good.  Besides, I work where there are lots and lots of restaurants so it's not a big deal to find something last minute.

Working has been really good for me.  It keeps my mind off of not feeling good or being tired.  It really helped last week and this week kept me going.  This is the first full week I have worked since I returned to work in January.  I think I got through it just fine.  I won't lie though, I am not setting my alarm clock this weekend!

If the chemo continues to follow the pattern of feeling not so good for 4 days and feeling good for 10, I can get through this without a problem.  Since I only have one treatment to go by, it's hard to tell but that's what I am going with.  We'll know more next week this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment