Monday, October 10, 2011

Back in the Pool!

Ahhh.  Nothing like swimming!  I had the best time swimming this morning.  Some may call it exercise.  I call it heaven!  I couldn't help but chuckle to myself today while swimming lap after lap.  Six months ago I was grumbling and complaining about each lap and my coach making me swim faster intervals.  Today I was just thrilled to be in the water.  I was singing in my head, "I'm swimming!, I'm swimming!"  My coach could have told me I had to do 20 sprints and I wouldn't have cared.  I was just so happy to be back to one of my most favorite things to do.

I was also happy to see my old swimming buddies.  It was like I never left.  I was a little apprehensive to start swimming.  I thought for sure I would jump in and sink to the bottom and need to be rescued (ignore the fact that I can stand up in the pool).  Anyway, my coach asked me what I wanted to do.  I said I would just tag along in my lane and see what I can do.  Well, I did the whole set my lane did and it felt fantastic! We did 2000 meters today.  Usually we swim 2400 meters on distance day so I'm feeling good about only being 400 meters short on my first day back.  I'm also quite sure I will be sleeping well tonight and will be a little sore tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Great job Carol, you're doing awesome!!! It's like anything else, if you take it one step, one pedal stroke, one lap at a time it's amazing what you can accomplish...

    Cozzo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean you're ready for a game of golf? 9 holes??

    ReplyDelete