Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I haven't got Time for the Pain

Life is good without treatments.  All of the side effects have slowly faded away and with that my energy has slowly returned.  I'm getting back to my usual routine with exercise in the morning and plenty to do after work each night.  The weekends are packed with fun things to do as well.  Everything is great, right?  Well, not exactly.

Last week my legs were really painful.  I thought it was just from over doing it with exercise but things just weren't quite right.  Then I had these red spots on my legs.  At first I thought a bug had a feast on me one night while in bed but the spots were getting bigger and bigger.  Finally on Friday, I had enough of the spots and pain and when to see my PCP.  Turns out I'm having some sort of side effect/reaction to a virus, they think.  So, I had some blood work and will have to see if I have caught some crazy virus.  I'm told the achy legs and spots can last anywhere from 2 - 6 weeks.

I was frustrated with this new issue.  After all, I have just a small window to have some fun and build back my strength.  At some point, I realized I still have my window and it will be what I want it to be.  I could lay around and complain or I could take some Motrin and keep going.  I am sure it is no surprise I have selected the latter.  After all, there are only so many more days left to kayak and Halloween comes just once a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment