Thursday, October 13, 2011

Eight Weeks of Fun

Well, eight weeks from today, I will have my surgery.  That means 8 weeks of lots of fun.  That is if my swimming coach doesn't kill me first!  Swim practice was more like boot camp than swim practice.  I never really enjoy sprint day but today was just over the top.  We had to get out of the pool and do push ups every so many laps and of course it got progressively harder.  Well, I did say I wanted to get back in shape!

So, what am I going to do with my free time?  Well, I went kayaking yesterday in the rain and I have a couple more weeks to do that.  I plan to do some hiking to check on the fall follage.  I have some more Pitt football games to attend and a couple of basketball games too!  Lots of time with friends doing fun things like a corn maze at night, cookie baking, Turkey Fry, cake baking, and a wedding to name a few!

My surgeon told me a while ago to just "Ride the Wave."  I was a little insulted when he told me this but I heeded his advice and I am glad I did.  I think just rolling with what life throws you and not getting overly upset or stressed makes life a bit more enjoyable.  Sure, I still make my own choices and am the captain of my own ship but the ship sails much better when you ride the waves and don't buck the tide....

No comments:

Post a Comment