Monday, November 28, 2011

Getting Ready

Well, the big day is just 10 days away.  I am doing all I can to get ready.  My pre-op testing all came back normal so from a medical stand point, I am ready to go.  Of course, there are many more important things to take care of as well.  All of my Christmas shopping is completed and I have a super awesome elf helping me wrap the gifts when they arrive.  I have taken inventory of my PJ's and made sure they are all clean and ready to go.  I have a couple little toiletries to get but nothing difficult.  Of course, as my usual self, I have a complete packing list for things to bring to the hospital.  I have to empty out the refrigerator (not too big of a job since it's mostly empty already) and do a little dusting and vacuuming.  A couple little errands I will be ready for the extended long winter's nap...

Mentally and emotionally, I believe I am ready as well.  I'm not too anxious about the surgery or the recovery afterwards.  I actually think the hardest part will be taking it easy once I get home.  I am anxious to be able to get back to work as I know my mind will go numb with no stimulation.  To fill some of my down time, I have a list of holiday shows ready to go.  I also have a couple of jig saw puzzles and a plan to get all of my nursing CEU's done.  That will probably just take me through the first week.  Perhaps some craft projects will work themselves into the mix as well.

I have a couple more fun things planned for the next week or so before I start the wonderful prep.  I'll keep you posted on the fun times and last hoorahs!

No comments:

Post a Comment