Monday, May 21, 2012

Cancer Free!

I received great news today.  I am officially cancer free!  I beat cancer!  I am a cancer survivor!  The news hasn't quite set in yet.  I worried all day today waiting for my results.  When my doctor said the CT Scan was clear I was so elated.  Words just can't express how I feel yet.  Now just one little surgery and this journey will come to an end.

I have been trying to get back to my old self.  I played 9 holes of golf last Thursday, went on two bike rides this past weekend and swam this morning.  Granted, I am really out of shape and it's going to take me a while to get back where I was but I am happy to be doing my activities again.  I can not wait to kayak on Wednesday morning.  I love to be out on the river early in the morning when all is quiet.  So exciting.

I do want to spend the next three and a half weeks before surgery trying to get in good shape.  After all, I have to be able to beat the grannies around the hallway.  I can't let them beat me!  Besides that, I think I will just do better under anesthesia and recovering if I am in good shape.  Granted, I won't be in great shape but I think good shape will cut it.

It was tough for me on Sunday during my ride with Venture Outdoors to be the slowest one in the group.  I have never been the slowest before.  It was a big piece of humble pie to eat.  I kept having to remind myself that I wasn't even out 2 weeks from chemo and I need to cut myself a break.  I did much better swimming this morning knowing I wouldn't be able to do the workout with my teammates.  But you just watch out, come the end of the summer, I know I will be back to my old self and preparing for my big bike vacation in the southern outer banks.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT NEWS CAROL. JUMPING FOR JOY (IN MY MIND) LOVE YA. AUNT BETTY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog the whole time - you are such an inspiration to us all and an amazing women. Such Great News, so happy for you! JoAnn

    ReplyDelete