Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mysterious Spots

So I got the bloody nose taken care of.  I went to the ENT on Monday afternoon and he removed the packing and indicated no further care was need.  Yea!  I hope I never have to get my nose packed again.  It is not a pleasant experience.  With the nose thing behind me, a new issue has appeared: I have spots on my shoulders and neck.

The first spot was noticed Sunday night.  I figured it was just a bug bite.  On Tuesday morning, I woke up with 5 additional spots on my other shoulder and my neck.  I'm not sure if they are spots or welts or what they are but they are red and raised.  I went to my PCP yesterday and she didn't know what they were either but after consulting with my oncologist, it was decided I need to see a dermatologist and hold off on chemo today.  Sigh.  So tomorrow I am off to the dermatologist who will hopefully solve the mystery of the spots.

I am disappointed I am not finishing chemo today but there was a good chance my counts weren't good enough to get chemo anyway.  I'm trying to look at the bright side of things.  I'm going to a concert tonight and I'll be able to feel good.  Tomorrow I'm going to the wine festival.  Even though I can't drink a lot, it will be fun to sip a few good wines.  Perhaps a BBQ is in order this weekend.  I'm trying to stay focused on enjoying time with my friends, something I really haven't felt up to in a while.

If all goes well with the dermatologist tomorrow, she will OK me to continue with chemo.  I'll get my final treatment on Monday and disconnected on Wednesday.  It will so nice to finally be done.  It just seems like it's taking forever to just finish up!

No comments:

Post a Comment