Friday, May 4, 2012

Good to Go for Monday

Yesterday I went to the dermatologist to figure out what the mysterious red spots were.  Well, they didn't know what they were either.  They decided to do a biopsy just to make sure all was OK.  I told the doctor she could do whatever treatment she wanted as long as she cleared me for chemo on Monday.  She told me she has never had a patient who actually wanted chemo treatment.  Once I explained it was the last one, she understood and cleared me.

I had a punch biopsy of one of the spots on my neck.  I don't really think it was necessary as the spots are fading but if that's what it took to be cleared for chemo then so be it.  It didn't hurt much.  I got numbed up and the 2 stitches were in before I knew it.  I'll go back next week to have the stitches out so no biggie.  I'm a professional with using Glad Press and Seal to cover wounds so even my shower was easy today.

So now I just need to hope that my platelets are high enough on Monday to get my last treatment.  I'm hoping these 5 extra days make the difference.  Hopefully Monday I will have my chemo, be disconnected on Wednesday and be done with this phase of treatment.  Then it's just the reversal surgery and I am done.  I can't wait.  If I get my chemo on Monday I will be calling the surgeon's office to get a date for my surgery while getting chemo!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomorrow - hope all goes well. xo

    ReplyDelete