Tuesday, May 8, 2012

One Step Closer

I had my last chemo treatment yesterday.  It was a great day.  I was nervous that my blood levels would not be good enough but they were.  The nurses started to do a dance in the hallway they were so excited.  I was excited too.  As much as I dreaded getting chemo and not feeling well, I just wanted to be done.  I was able to have a great weekend feeling well and knowing that I'll be feeling well again made it OK. 

I was also able to get my surgery scheduled.  I actually called for the appointment as I was sitting getting my chemo.  I'm all set for June 14.  It's just a little over 5 months away.  It's hard to believe that this journey will soon be over.  I'm am super excited to get my life back and pursue the things I love again.  I miss swimming and hiking and kayaking and cycling so much.  I can't wait to jump back in the pool in a couple of weeks and take a nice ride on the trails.

1 comment:

  1. JUNE 14 IS FLAG DAY. IKNOW WE'LL ALL BE RAISING ONE FOR YOU. LOVE YA. AUNT BETTY

    ReplyDelete