Thursday, November 10, 2011

Just 4 Weeks!

Well, it's just four weeks until my surgery.  I can't believe how quickly it is coming up.  I have a pre-op appointment with my surgeon on Tuesday to hopefully learn more details and figure out what I am supposed to be doing between now and then besides celebrating reverse Lent.

I am feeling much more like myself than I have in a very long time.  Even before my diagnosis my stomach was always bothering me.  I feel good and I have my energy back.  I feel like I'm ready to have my full calendar of events again take on some new things as well.  My appetite is very much improved.  In fact, it's probably improved a bit too much!  I still have all those M&M's to eat that friends and family have sent me.  I can't let them go to waste!

It actually feels really good to feel more like myself again.  I think it was during my awesome hike on Sunday that I realized I was feeling good again.  Wr had beautiful weather on Sunday, the hike was just right, and the company was the best!  With all the doctors appointments and lingering side effects, you forget what it's like to just feel good.  I am enjoying each day knowing that surgery will disrupt my feeling good for a while but I know I will get there again, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment