Monday, September 19, 2011

Down to Single Digits

I remember as a child counting down to Christmas using an advent calendar.  OK, I'll admit it, I still use an advent calendar!  Anyway, counting down and just having a few days left until Christmas added to the excitement of the holiday.  Well, I have been counting down the days left of radiation.  I have reached the single digits.  This is a major milestone.  Just nine more to go.  The time seemed to go pretty quickly.  I started my treatments on August 23 so it's been about a month.  Where did all that time go!

So the nurses and the radiation technicians and even my doctor were all very excited for me to reach this day.  Yeah, the radiation is cumulative so I know I will continue to get more and more tired.  I'll probably have some more GI issues and skin irritation as well.  Still, knowing I can count the number of treatments left without having to take my shoes off tells me two things: I can get excited about being done and I'm going to make it!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are finding yourself some sort of treat every day similar to the chocolate prize inside the advent calendar!

    ReplyDelete