Monday, September 26, 2011

GI Anxiety

I'm getting down to the final wire.  Not too much longer to go of being at the hospital at 7:45 in the morning Monday through Friday.  Only another week of carrying around the infusion pump and dealing with the quick showers.  Of course I am really looking forward to being done with this round of treatment, but there is even a bigger reason: getting rid of GI Anxiety.

Besides being tired all the time, the only other side effect I have been experiences in GI upset.  It's really not that bad when I am home.  No big deal to spend time in the bathroom and keep hydrated.  The problem is, that I am trying to continue with all my usual activities as much as I can.  Being away from my own bathroom during this time has caused lots of anxiety.  When I'm at work, I worry if I will need to run to the bathroom during a meeting.  Just the other night I went to see Wicked with two very good friends.  We had amazing seats.  The problem was that we were 5 rows from the front and the aisle closest to us was blocked by someone in a wheelchair.  As the show started, I really worried if my stomach would act up because there was no easy escape route.  Luckily, I didn't have any issues but I worried through the first 3 songs.

Seems like my stomach decides to wake up and make me worry just when I'm ready to head out to an event like a Pitt football game or when I'm getting ready to leave for work and have the potential to have to sit in traffic.  Nope, it doesn't bother me all day long until it knows I will have separation from a bathroom.  Funny how it works like that.  So, I am most excited about getting rid of this GI Anxiety and getting back to my regular routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment