Friday, September 9, 2011

Good Reports from the Doctors

I saw both my medical oncologist and radiation oncologist this week and both are happy with how I am doing.  The medical oncologist feels that if I am 3 weeks into my treatment without side effects from the chemo, that I should get through the next 3 weeks without any issues from the chemo.  He also felt that as soon as I am disconnected from my pump, I should be able to resume my regular fitness activities very quickly.  The radiation oncologist says that the radiation will be responsible for any side effects moving forward including diarrhea, loss of appetite and a very sore bottom.  The nurses have been fantastic and have been able to help with any questions I have so I am confident that if anything comes up that is bothering me, they will be quick to help me out.

I am very much looking forward to the weekend starting off with a night of relaxing tonight.  Even though it was a short work week, it seemed like a long week.  I am really looking forward to getting home from work, putting on comfy clothes and just vegging for the evening.  Perhaps I will start a new jigsaw puzzle or try to improve my Super Mario Bros. skills on the Wii.  The rest of the weekend is football focused with a Pitt game tomorrow and the Steelers on Sunday.  There are so many reasons to love the fall!

1 comment: