Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Honeymoon is Over

I had been plugging along with my treatment without any side effects.  The biggest issues I was having was to not forget my pump when I got up and dealing with scheduling all my appointments around my work schedule.  It was sort of a breeze and I was just marching through the treatment.

Well, that all changed on Saturday.  I was really looking forward to a relaxing weekend free of work and radiation.  Instead, my tummy decided that it was time to start acting up.  And of all times to act up, it was right before the Pitt game.  I am extremely grateful to Imodium.  It works like a charm and I would highly recommend it.  Beyond spending lots of time in the bathroom, my little tushy is sore.  But, I'm taking it with stride.  Still trying to do my thing and keeping active and not sitting at home.

The radiation nurses are fantastic.  I mentioned one little issue this morning and they were there for me with lots of helpful information and support.  A modified diet, some tricks learned from other patients and a little cream and I'm already feeling much better.  I'm back to being ready to march on!

No comments:

Post a Comment