Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tired of Being Tired

So I have been plugging along with my chemo and radiation.  Just 11 more radiation treatments to go.  Most are surprised at the lack of side effects I have been having.  I am lucky I suppose.  Very few GI issues, no mouth sores, no skin issues on my hands or feet.  60% through this course of treatment and my biggest complaint is being tired.  For those who really know me, you know that I am on the go.  I basically have an apartment to sleep and shower in.  But not lately.  The treatments have slowed me down and have made me long for my apartment and my nice comfy couch to take a nice nap.

I think of all the side effects I could have, I could personally deal better with ones that I could treat with medicine.  My side effect, I have to treat with naps, getting enough sleep, and resting during the day.  It is the worst!  It's just not in me to nap when I get home from work or close my eyes for a few minutes during my lunch.  I am however, trying to embrace the life of napping.  I have learned to nap in my car if I arrive early to a destination.  I have learned to close my eyes at my desk and lean back in my chair.  I have even learned to conserve energy by sitting during some of my chores.  I am not happy about all of this but if it helps me get through the next couple of weeks with the smalled impact, I will concede.

1 comment:

  1. I know a professional napper that would encourage you to keep it up, you might learn to like it! I know this is a challenge but continue to take care of yourself and you'll get your energy back soon. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete