Monday, August 22, 2011

The Eve Before the Start

They say an eve is the evening before a special day.  I'm not sure if I would consider tomorrow a special day but it is a day to mark during this incredible journey - start of chemo and radiation.  I have been pushing for this day to come.  After all, the sooner I get started, the sooner I can finish.  But now that it's here, there of course is some anxiety.  What side effects will I get?  Will I feel different?  How is being hooked up to a pump going to impact my life?  I guess I will find out the answers to these questions and more in the coming weeks.

I did decide to allow the permanent tattoos to be placed.  I was showering the other morning and looking at all the markings on my hips.  It was kind of crazy that I thought it was OK to have all these markings but not two little dots.  The other thing I came to realize is this time in my life will become part of me.  As much as I see it as a bunch of tasks I just need to get through it will help form who I will be after I am through with all of my treatments.  I think I felt if I had the tattoos, this whole journey would never go away but tattoos or not, the journey will be part of me for the rest of my life.

OK, enough mushy stuff.  I get the fanny pack tomorrow.  I can't imagine it being something that I will want to be seen with.  Afterall, who wants to be seen wearing a fanny pack.  First order of business will be to either find something better than a fanny pack or make the fanny pack look like something I would want to be seen with!  More to come on the fanny pack.

2 comments: