Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One Day In

One day in and no complaints.  I am getting used to carrying around the pump (not a fanny pack!).  They could make it a little lighter but it's not so bad.  I managed to sleep OK last night and not get all tangled in the tubing.  I even successfully had a pretty good shower this morning.

I haven't really felt ill or nauseous or tired or anything.  In fact, after dinner last night, I went and played miniature golf and then out to Rita's for some yummy Italian ice.  Of course this is an adjustment and I know that as time goes on, side effects can arise but I'm just taking it one day at a time.  I will deal with whatever I need to when the time comes and I'm not going to stress about it if I don't have to.

The daily radiation treatments are quick and easy.  The staff at the radiation center are amazing and really all I have to do is lay still on a table.  I think I can handle that.  My appointments are at 7:45 every morning, Monday - Friday, and the appointment takes less than 15 minutes.  Today I even made it to work by 8:30.  And now, just 28 more treatments to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment