Monday, August 15, 2011

More Waiting

I had a fabulous fun-filled weekend and back to work again this rainy Monday morning.  I received the results from my PET scan today: Totally Negative!  What does that mean?  Well, it means there isn't cancer floating around in other parts of my body and it's isolated to the rectum.  Unfortunately, I still have to have treatment but at least the cancer was caught very early.  Couldn't ask for better news.

This is a time for waiting for me.  The scans are done.  The port is in.  Everyone is in stand-by.  We are just waiting for the radiation formula to be completed.  Hopefully later this week I will go for the simulation where they test all the calculations without giving any radiation.  Once the simulation is successful, I will be ready to start my treatment.  I am shooting to start on August 23.  After all, the sooner I get started, the sooner I finish.

A lot of friends and family have been asking how I am feeling.  Well, I'm feeling like I was before I found out I had cancer.  I'm trying to stay active and continue as many activities as I can.  My port site has healed and honestly I forget it's even there.  Emotionally I'm doing well too.  Yes, of course I have the moments of wondering why me, but over all I feel I am going to approach this journey with a positive attitude and just Ride the Wave.

1 comment:

  1. Where's the "like" button when you need it? So happy to hear the great news today, what a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete