Wednesday, August 10, 2011

To Tattoo or Not To Tattoo

This morning I had a CT scan to prepare for my radiation treatments.  Apparently they take a bunch of images, apply some fancy math via a computer and come up with a treatment plan.  I would hate to know how they did radiation treatment prior to all the technology we have today!  Now if they could just make the table a little more comfortable....

So, as they are preparing the CT scan, I was tattooed with fake tattoos like children (and I guess some adults) use.  They are about the size of a half dollar with an "X" through them.  So I asked the technian if I was receiving these instead of real tattoos and he told me that when I go for my final appointment before treatment, I would receive the real tattoos.  :-(

I guess the technian realized I was less than happy to receive real tattoos because when the scanning was done, he came back and told me that if I am really, really careful with the fake tattoos and if I really, really don't want the real tattoos that I could probably avoid them.  He told me they would just be little dots like freckles.  The problem is that I don't have freckles where the tattoos would go!  So, this week, I will be taking very, very good care of the tattoos!

2 comments:

  1. If you are going the temporary route, I say you have fun with it. Can we make it hearts or dragons or something? Maybe this is the next process you can suggest improvements for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that improvement idea! Surely you're not the only one with an adverse feeling to new freckles

    ReplyDelete